As with all electronic devices the features that come with certain items are going to vary based on how much money you spend, who you are buying the device from and other factors. But like with all items there are certain things that you are going to want your hidden camera to have before you buy it, basically you want certain features to come stock with the hidden camera. What this means is that there are going to be certain features that you are going to want to look for before you decide on which hidden camera is going to work best for you and your needs. Also remember if you are in doubt you can always ask somebody for help or what they have found that works.
Here are some of the key features that you are going to want to have with a hidden camera.
- High power – basically what this means is that you are going to want to have one that has 2.4GHz transmitters, in fact in order to comply with the FCC standards the hidden camera has to have that high of a transmitter. This high of a transmitter will allow you to increase your transmission by 1500 feet which will give you about 2500 feet total
- X-vision – this is actually something that is only going to come on hidden cameras that are in black and white, so if you are opting for color camera then you will be limited on when and where you can record. This x-vision allows you to get the best possible images in almost complete darkness, meaning there doesn’t have to be much light in the room to get the best visual possible.
- Power required – 12V DC/110V AC
- Min. Illumination – .05 Lux for black and white and 1 Lux for color
- Resolution – 400 lines for black and white and 380 lines for color
- Size – basically you are going to be looking for a camera that is has about a 3 mm lens with a wide angle